In this short series, I outline the notes that I took while preparing for the AWS Cloud Practitioner exam.
These are my personal notes that I have made while working through the A Cloud Guru exam practitioner course. They are in no way official notes from AWS.
I would advise you that if you do use my notes to help you revise for this exam, that you use them as a supplement to the most recent information in the White Papers, Exam Guide and go over your knowledge with practice exam papers.
Previous notes within this blog series:
- Cloud Computing and the Topics To Cover
- AWS Global Infrastructure
- AWS Cost Management
- Identity Access Management (IAM)
- Simple Storage Service (S3)
- CloudFront is Amazon’s Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- CDN’s are a system of distributed servers (network) that deliver webpages and other web content to a user based on the geographical locations of the user, the origin of the webpage, and the content delivery server.
- The type of content can include dynamic, static, streaming, and interactive content.
- Optimised to work with other AWS services like S3, EC2, Elastic Load Balancing, Route53.
- Can also work with non-AWS origin server which stores the original definitive versions of your file
- Time to live (TTL) is the amount of time the file is cached for in seconds. Objects are cached for the life of the TTL.
- You can clear your cached objects but you will be charged.
Edge Location – Locations where content will be cached. This is separate to an AWS Region/Availability Zone. As close to the user as possible. Not only READ only, you can write to them too.
Origin – Content comes from an origin. The origin of all the files that the CDN will distribute e.g an S3 Bucket, an EC2 Instance, and Elastic Load Balancer, or Route53
Distribution – Name given to the CDN which consists of a collection of Edge Locations.
- Type 1 – Web Distribution – Typically used for websites
- Type 2 – RTMP – Used for Media Streaming e.g. Flash
CloudFront is simply a way to cache big objects in the cloud.
You must disable a CloudFront distribution before you delete it.